Bitcoin is the first decentralized, open-source cryptocurrency that runs on a global peer to peer network, without the need for middlemen and a centralized issuer.
Where is it used? As a type of cryptocurrency, it can be used as a payment method for goods or services.
What’s the use of it? Quick and cheap transactions, decentralized currency, as well as anonymity, and absolute transparency.
- As of March 2021, the highest price of Bitcoin was recorded on Feb 21, 2021 – $58,330
- Since 2017, Bitcoin has had higher annual transaction values than PayPal.
- The average Bitcoiner is a male European or American between 25 to 34 years of age.
- The maximum number of bitcoins isn’t really 21 million. In fact, it’s 20,999,987.4769 or thereabouts.
- It’s expected that the last bitcoin amount will be mined sometime between the years 2128 and 2140.
- 289,246 – The average bitcoin transactions per day.